Development plan

The U.S.T.H.B. in February 2004 presented a "2004-2008 five-year plan". The terminology "five-year plan" is used for convenience: it is clear that the main parameters of evolution of the USTHB are not only internal decisions at the university: flow of new graduates to register, financial means for the operation infrastructure and equipment, budget items, etc. Moreover, if the university is to remain very attentive to the evolution of our society, and especially to the evolution of the labor market, it does not no less than many parameters escape him.

The "five-year plan" adopted acquires a greater executive force for the measures internal to the university and constitutes a "road map" for the decisions to be taken by the various organs of the university.

The 2004-2008 financial year showed all the interest of this step. It may be interesting to point out that U.S.T.H.B. (at the time the U.S.T.A.) was the first Algerian university to attempt this exercise ... in 1978.

General context of the draft plan 2009-2013
The general context which strongly influences the draft of the five-year plan 2009-2013 of the U.S.T.H.B. Concerning: - The evolution of the demand of the labor market on the medium and the long term: it is a question of anticipating this evolution since it takes at least three years to train a licensee, five years a holder of master and eight years a doctor. No study, national or by branch of activity, is available. The reflections developed on spatial planning, economic and industrial strategies, the new economy based on knowledge, the generalization of ICT in the economy and society ..., do not provide, in the current phase, sufficiently precise elements and quantified to base decisions of opening or closing of formations, of piloting of the research, etc. The organs of the university must however use all available information, to consult all the authorities concerned, and in especially economic enterprises, to base their choices on reasoned assumptions. - The evolution of university demography: while the overall characteristics of Algerian demography are relatively well known, their direct impact on university entrants is much less so. School enrollments in middle and upper secondary education are likely to continue to increase, but do not indicate how the demand for university access will change. For example, the enrollment of new graduates at the U.S.T.H.B. increased between 2007 and 2008 by 60%, totally unexpectedly. - Financial means: the financial resources of the U.S.T.H.B. mainly under the State budget. Own resources are currently the registration fees, which are governed by national regulations, and the contracts for the provision of services by the research laboratories, whose main objective is to guide the work of the laboratories by developing their relations with the sector. economic. The university is a public service, most of whose funding (state budget, National Research Fund) is public.

These general considerations being stated, the context for U.S.T.H.B. this new five-year period 2009-2013 is marked by: - on the pedagogical level, the significant evolution of the implementation of the new 3-cycle teaching architecture ("LMD" system). In 2008/2009, 80% of students enrolled in U.S.T.H.B. in "graduation" are in license and master, the other 20% complete their studies in the old system (D.E.S. and ingeniorate). The former short cycle (DEUA) has been extinguished, all new graduates are enrolled in the five areas of open licenses to the USTHB.The infrastructure built and equipped during the previous plan 2004-2008 have undoubtedly favored the establishment in good conditions of the new regime licenses. The first year of the Master was set up in 2008/2009 with more than a thousand students and the second year of the Master will be opened in 2009/2010. The important point is that the U.S.T.H.B., unlike most other Algerian universities, will work completely in the L.M.D. at a close deadline since the old regime is no longer supplied with new entrants and is moving towards extinction.