Since 2004, the USTHB applies the LMD System:
Degree (Bac +3) – Masters degree (Bac +5) – Doctorate (Bac +8)
Course of study :
The LMD is divided into three cycles of education:
- The first cycle with 6 semesters in course of study to get the Degree diploma.
- The second cycle with 4 semesters in course of study to get the Master’s degree
- The third cycle with three years in course of study to get the Doctorate degree.
- Step of education:
- The courses are offered in the field of education and course of study.
- The courses are regrouped into field of education..
- One field is containing several sciences.
- The course of study has made in semesters and units. Each unit has an importance in the proportional credits of study (courses, tutorials, and schooling education ...)
- Evaluate education:
- The educational knowledge is based on the results of the annual credits.
- The diploma is divided into semesters as well as having 30 units to conform the semester.
to get the Degree you have to join 180 credits ( 6 semesters).
to get the Masters Degree you have to join 120 credits ( 4 semesters).
- The compensation is accepted: the student who does not the pass mark in the units, can conform the semester if he gets the pass mark in all joint units.